- Public Works
Curbside Recycling Collection
The Town provides recycling to residents by curbside pick-up via our trash contractor or drop off at the Transfer Station .
Recycling is collected curbside every other week on an A or B schedule. Refer to the Recycling Collection Schedule (PDF) to view your recycling collection day.
- Place your cart at the curb before 5:00 A.M. on your collection day.
- Bring in carts within 24 hours of pick-up.
- Holiday one-day delays for 2023 - Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
- Although holidays may affect this schedule, put your container out on your regularly scheduled day.
Connecticut now has a universal list of what belongs in your recycling bin and what does not. All items should be empty, rinsed, clean, and open (without caps) . Do not shred, box, bag, or bundle items.
Please see Murphy Road Recycling's list of acceptable and non-acceptable items at: aawllc.com
ABSOLUTELY NO STYROFOAM. Styrofoam should be taken to the Transfer Station.
- Place carts within 4 feet of the curb, do not place in the street.
- Place carts at least 3 feet apart from each other and other objects
- Place the handle away from the street, (lid opening facing the street).
DO NOT OVERFILL THE CART. Lids must be closed. Please cut recyclable boxes to fit into cart, allowing lid to close. DO NOT PLACE RECYCLING ON TOP OF OR NEAR CART. Extra recycling may be brought to the Transfer Station during normal business hours.
NOTE: If replacement of recycle carts is needed, please call the Community Development Office at 860-258-2766.
- Conserves valuable resources and saves energy.
- Reduces garbage in our landfills, reduces air/water pollution.
- Decreases greenhouse gas and pollutants that impact our climate and health.
- Saves 15 mature trees by preventing 1 ton of paper waste.