How do I request copies of police reports?

Requests for copies of a police report can be made in person from the Records Division during its hours of operation, Monday thru Friday 8:00AM to 4:00PM, or requested by mail (see below).  A fee of $.50 is charged for an incident or accident report (cash or checks only). Please note that all reports, including motor vehicle accidents are available 5-10 business days from the date of incident.

Requests by mail must include the case number along with payment, as well as a self-addressed stamped envelope. The case number and payment amount can be obtained by calling the above listed number. All request made by mail should be sent to:

Rocky Hill Police Department
Records Division
699 Old Main St.
Rocky Hill, CT 06067

The release of records is guided by State and Federal law. Cases in which the charges have been dismissed or erased are not available for release in accordance with CGS 54-142a or by any of the statute’s subsections. The Rocky Hill Police Department maintains and retains all reports in accordance with State statute and the Office of the Public Administrator’s various retention schedules.

Show All Answers

1. How do I request copies of police reports?
2. How to obtain fingerprints?
3. How do I obtain a pistol permit application?
4. Do you do In-house records checks for an individual?
5. How can I obtain a vendor permit?