Home 175th Anniversary
Rocky Hill 175th Anniversary
For 2018, the Town of Rocky Hill is proud to announce the celebration of it’s 175th Anniversary! Throughout the year, the town will be commemorating this tremendous milestone through a wide variety of special events, activities and contests. Along the way, there will be limited edition merchandise available to purchase to make sure you have a piece of the history! For the most up-to-date information, please visit our OFFICIAL Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/RockyHill175 taking place during the 175th.
Throughout the year, the Town of Rocky Hill will be hosting many events and activities to commemorate this milestone. The town could use the support of some volunteers to make this possible. If interested in helping out with the 175th, please contact Rita Chhabra firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
What better way to commemorate the 175th anniversary than purchasing some limited edition 175th Merchandise! Interesting fact, the 175th anniversary logo was created by Rocky Hill High School’s very own student, Archisha Jaiswal!
Limited amounts of merchandise will be available for purchase at the Rocky Hill Parks & Recreation office beginning May. Otherwise, feel free to browse our online store and place an order!
- Date: Saturday, July 21, 2018 (Rain Date: July 28)
- Time: 3:00pm – 9:00pm Location: Elm Ridge Park
- Description: Get your singing voices ready! It’s time to officially wish Rocky Hill a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Join us at Elm Ridge Park in a town-wide celebration honoring the 175th anniversary of Rocky Hill. This “mini-Fallfest like event” will include activities such as but not limited to; live local music, amusement attractions, food trucks, games, contests and more!
- Date: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Location: Elm Ridge Park- Veteran’s Memorial Amphitheater
- Description: New for 2018, the Rocky Hill Police Department will be hosting “National Night Out”. This is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live. It provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances. Millions of neighbors take part in National Night Out across thousands of communities from all fifty states, U.S. territories and military bases worldwide on the first Tuesday in August (August 7). Join us at the amphitheater for live music from the Parks & Recreation’s final performance of the 2018 Summer Concert Series while enjoying many activities such as but not limited to; food, interactive emergency service meet and greets, games / activities and more!
- Dates: July 25, August 22, September 26
- Time: 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Ferry Park
- Description: As part of the 175th celebration, Rocky Hill will be introducing a Farmers Market series for 2018. Once a month from July through August, join us at Ferry Park to get all your farmers market fixings. There will be vendors from all around the community, including many local farms, along with food and entertainment that will be sure to be a great time!
- Click here to download the Farmers Market Vendor Application Form. Details on how to submit the application are listed on the form.
- Click here to download the Seasonal Farmers Market Food Service Establishment License application.
- Date: Coming soon!
- Time: Coming soon!
- Location: Coming soon!
- Description: As part of the 175th celebration, the town of Rocky Hill will be putting together a time capsule to commemorate this great milestone. Stay tuned as more information will come out soon!
761 Old Main St.
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm