Home Construction Notices
SPRING 2019 PAVING SCHEDULE
The Town of Rocky Hill will be performing Mill and Paving on the following roads beginning Monday April 29, 2019 and lasting approximately 4 weeks, weather depending. This year’s contractor is Tilcon for milling and paving. The roads to be milled and paved in the spring are:
|Michele Drive||Candlelite Drive|
|Oak Hill Road||Cumberland Place|
|Belden Lane||Garfield Road|
|Pratt Street||Hollister Drive|
|Sandy Lane||North Condor Drive|
|Farview Drive||Pelican Court|
|Fernwood Drive||Stagecoach Lane|
|Harvest Lane||South Condor Drive|
|Knollwood Road||Westerly Terrace|
Please be aware of the following:
- The Town of Rocky Hill prohibits irrigation, invisible dog fence etc. within the Town street right of way or easement as these areas are reserved for sidewalks, signs and utilities. Although prohibited, the Town is aware that there are existing irrigation systems within the right of way. It is the homeowner’s responsibility to mark out the locations prior to the start of construction. Every effort will be made to avoid them but if they are damaged, it is the homeowner’s responsibility for the repairs.
- Normal hours of work are Monday thru Friday 7:00 am to 5:00 pm but on occasion may be adjusted
- Please refrain from parking vehicles on the road during the restoration work and please ask that your contractor(s) do not park in the streets during this process.
- Limited access will be allowed during roadwork operations. One lane shall be open to traffic at all times to allow for local vehicular traffic (school buses, trash collection, emergency vehicles and residents) to pass.
- The timeframe between milling and repaving a road can be several weeks. During this period there will be utility structures (catch basins, manholes, water and gas valves) raised above the milled surface. They will be marked but care should be taken when driving on these roads.
- Should you have any questions or concerns you may contact Stephen Sopelak, PE, Town Engineer at (860) 258-7672 (office), (860) 982-9700 cell or the engineering office at (860) 258-2766.
- There will be some inconveniences during construction. We thank you for your patience and cooperation during this process. Caution should be exercised during this time to drive slowly and carefully and please observe all traffic signs and flaggers.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND COOPERATION
DIVIDEND ROAD MILL AND PAVE - SUMMER 2019
The town has plans to mill and pave Dividend Road in the summer of 2019. This project will be 100% funded through the Connecticut DOT - Local Transportation Capital Improvement Program (LOTCIP).
The Engineering firm of VHB conduct a traffic and pavement analysis on Dividend Road in the fall of 2018. Result of their study found the Pavement Condition Indexes (PCI) to be 59 from Main St to Forest Street and 41 from Forest St to Old Forge Road, both considered to be "poor condition" on the PCI curve.
Due to Dividend Roads location on PCI curve and the increasingly poor rideablility, the town will mill and pave the road following VHB's recommendations. This would include milling Dividend Road to a depth of 4.0", overlay with 2 - 2.0" course of asphalt. This will restore the pavement to a PCI rating "excellent" (90 or better), which is typical for a new road. This will provide a minimum pavement life of 15 years. Also included in the project are replacement of catch basin tops, curbing and pavement markings.
Hours of operation will be Monday - Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm with no weekends or Town observed holidays. The Contractor will maintain one lane of through traffic which may require one lane alternating traffic or detours. Access to all driveways will be maintained throughout the project. If a temporary closure of a driveway is necessary, the Contractor will coordinate with the owner to determine the time period of the closure. Ramping to allow access to driveways shall be done as soon as possible and in no instance later than the end of the work day. The contractor will be liable for all damage claims in the work area.
As with any construction project, there will be some temporary inconvenience. We thank you for your cooperation.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact: Stephen Sopelak, Town Engineer 860-258-7672 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Town of Rocky Hill
761 Old Main St.
Rocky Hill, CT
Jim Sollmi, Director of Community Development
Joe Lentini, Field Operations and Highway Superintendent
Steve Sopelak, Town Engineer