- Town Clerk
The Town Clerk is a full-time official appointed by the Town Manager. The Town Clerk also serves as Registrar of Vital Statistics. The Town Clerk's office is responsible for a variety of municipal and intergovernmental services.
- Land Records
- Legislation / Ordinances
- Legal Notices
- Requests for Public Records
- Vital Statistics
Administers town clerk's duties relative to Town elections, primaries, and referendums, in accordance with requirements of the Connecticut Secretary of State's office. Prepares and publishes legal notices relative to elections, reviews finance statements, prepares and prints absentee ballots for elections. Certifies nomination papers and petitions.
See the Registrar of Voters page for more information.
Administers oath of office to members of boards and commissions, administers oath to new voters, and distributes information to vendors, media, Town departments and the general public.
Records and files official documents and lists, including land and property deeds, property maps and other land record instruments, including:
- Federal/state/municipal and water district liens
- Financing statements
Legislation / Ordinances
The Town Clerk is responsible for maintaining ordinances and the Rocky Hill Town Code book. The Rocky Hill Town Code book is updated with newly adopted ordinances once a year. To make sure no new laws have passed that might affect your research in the Rocky Hill Town Code, please also refer to New Ordinances for any new laws that were not included in the last update.
- Community Development Block Grant 2023 Public Hearing Notice
- Legal Notice of November 8, 2022 State Elections (PDF)
- Official Notice of 2022 Democratic Primary (PDF)
- Official Notice of 2022 Republican Primary (PDF)
- Legal Notice Party Endorsed Candidates Republican (PDF)
- Legal Notice Party Endorsed Candidates Democratic (PDF)
- Budget FY2022-2023 Legal Notice (PDF)
- Legal Notice Republican Delegates to Convention (PDF)
- Legal Notice Democratic Delegates to Convention (PDF)
Issues licenses for:
- Pheasant stamps
- Vendor permits
Records agendas and minutes of all meetings of town boards and commissions. Records discharge papers for Veterans residing in Town.
Requests for Public Records
Provides certified and non-certified copies of:
- Business listings
- Dog listings
- Elected/appointed officials
- Land records
- Reports, etc.
Maintains records of births, marriages and deaths, issues marriage licenses, burial and cremation permits, as well as certified copies of vital statistics.