Recording and Searching Land Records
The Town Clerk's office accepts legal documents for recording of land records.
Land recordings are processed up to our closing time. Please provide enough time so that we may process your recordings.
The Town of Rocky Hill has IQS for our indexing of land records and land related documents. You can use the Search IQS online system to search our records.
Land Records Fraud Alert
The Rocky Hill Town Clerk is providing a free new tool to help property owners protect one of their most valuable assets.
With Fraud Alert, you can sign up to receive alerts whenever a document, such as a deed or mortgage, is recorded under your name. Documents can be viewed online or at the Clerk’s Office. You can sign up now at https://searchiqs.com/fraudalert/?CC=CTROCK.
Recording fees effective until November 30, 2017
- $60.00 for a single page document or for the first page of a document (excluding MERS)
- $5.00 for each subsequent page within the same document
- $2.00 is required to cover processing the forms for the State DRS for conveyances with consideration
- $5.00 if the grantee’s address is not included on the deed
- $1.00 if the names of those executing, witnessing and acknowledging are not printed under the signature
- $1.00 for each marginal notation of assignment subsequent to the first two
Copies of land records or property descriptions are available for a fee of $1.00 for each page. If you need a certified copy, the cost is an additional $2.00.
Maps are $20.00 each to file or $30.00 each for a subdivision with 3 or more lots. Copies of maps are $1.00 per computerized page or $7.50 for original size maps. Certified copies are an additional $2.00 per map.