Voter Registration

If you are new to Rocky Hill or have never registered to vote you can do so online by visiting the State of Connecticut’s Online Voter Registration System. Additional information can be found on the Registrar of Voters page.

Absentee Ballot Applications

Please download an application here from portal.ct.gov. Please only fill out one application in your name.

Note: In order to be eligible to vote by absentee ballot, you must be; 1) a *registered voter; and 2) unable to attend the polls in person for one of the reasons listed under the Statement of Applicant portion of the application.

Completing your application

In order to receive a ballot, voters must complete all fields, and a box must be checked off indicating the reason for requesting an absentee ballot.

Each application must have an original signature and be dated in order for a ballot to be issued.

 Anyone assisting in completing the application must complete and sign the bottom portion of the form.

Returning your application

  • SECURE BALLOT DROP BOX – Applications may be deposited in the secure ballot drop box provided outside the main entrance to Town Hall at 761 Old Main Street, Rocky Hill.
  • BY MAIL – Applications can be mailed to the Rocky Hill Town Clerk, 761 Old Main Street, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
  • IN PERSON - If you submit an application in person, an Absentee Ballot will be handed to you at that time.  You may complete it and submit your vote, or you may take the ballot with you to complete at home and return it.  Note:  If you submit an application for an elector other than yourself, their ballot cannot be handed to you, but will be mailed directly to them.

Preparing ballots for return

When preparing your ballot for return, please be sure to date, sign and seal the inner envelope or your vote WILL NOT BE COUNTED.

RETURN YOUR BALLOT using the same methods described above for applications.  IN ORDER FOR YOUR VOTE TO COUNT, ballots must be received in person the day prior to Election Day; by mail on Election Day, by an immediate member of the family by the close of polls, or via the ballot drop box by the close of polls.  NOTE:  The ballot drop box will be locked promptly at 8:00 p.m.

Members of the military, current residents temporarily residing overseas and former residents overseas:  Please use the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) at https://fvap.gov. Please direct any questions you may have to the Town Clerk's office.

Permanent Absentee Ballot for Disabled

Under Public Act No. 11-173, a disabled elector may qualify to obtain Permanent Absentee Ballot status by submitting a completed Absentee Ballot application along with a letter from a doctor, on the doctor’s letterhead, stating that the elector has a permanent disability that prevents them from appearing in person at the polls.  Upon receipt of these items, Absentee Ballots will be automatically mailed to the elector for all elections the elector is eligible to vote in (note:  Permanent Absentee Ballots do no pertain to referendums with less than 3 weeks notice. CGS. § S9-369c).

Note:  A canvass will be sent by the Registrar of Voters, annually in January, to determine if the elector continues to reside at the address indicated on their application.  The elector has 30 days to respond to the canvass.  Failure to respond will result in removal from Permanent Absentee Ballot status.