Town of Rocky Hill COVID-19 Information
The Town of Rocky Hill encourages citizens to get vaccinated to reduce the transmission of the Coronavirus and supports the 3 Ws: Wear a mask, Wash your hands, and Watch your distance.
Rocky Hill Citizens can sign up for COVID-19 non-emergent update informational broadcasts, powered by Everbridge, from the Town of Rocky Hill by registering at COVIDCT Update Broadcasts
The Town of Rocky Hill provides the following resource links as a means of providing information that is up to date and trustworthy:
- Central Connecticut Health District
- Connecticut Department of Public Health COVID-19 Resources
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Information
- Connecticut COVID-19 Data Resources
For the safety of the public, the Town Clerk’s Office strongly encourages business to be done online or through the mail as much as possible.
Please mail business correspondence to:
ROCKY HILL TOWN CLERK
761 OLD MAIN STREET
ROCKY HILL, CT 06067
Please call (860) 258-2705 to schedule an appointment. Questions can also be directed to the Town Clerk via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town Clerk’s Office will continue to provide the following services:
- Title searches: The records vault will be closed to the public until further notice. Searches can be conducted online at https://www.rockyhillct.gov/departments/town_clerk/land_records.php.
- Document recordings: Individuals are encouraged to forward recordings through the mail, or take advantage of our eRecording service. Appointments will also be available.
- Vital records (certified copies): Requests are encouraged to be done through the mail. Please include a completed request form, a copy of a valid, government issued photo I.D., and $20 per copy. Checks may be made out to the Rocky Hill Town Clerk. Request forms can be found at the following link: https://www.rockyhillct.gov/departments/town_clerk/vital_records.php
- Sports licenses: Sports licenses may be purchased online at https://portal.ct.gov/DEEP/Fishing/CT-Fishing.
- Dog licenses: Dog licenses are encouraged to be obtained through the mail. Please mail a valid rabies certificate, proof of spaying/neutering, and the appropriate fee by check, payable to the Rocky Hill Town Clerk: Altered dogs ($8.00); Unaltered dogs ($19).
- Marriage licenses: Information about obtaining a marriage license is available at our website:
- Couples may submit the required worksheet electronically through our website and set up an appointment to come in.
- Notary services: Notary services will be temporarily suspended. During this time, notary services are available at the following locations (call for notary service hours):
34-3 Shunpike Road
Cromwell, CT 06416
1077 Silas Deane Highway
Wethersfield, CT 06109
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SERVICES AND PUBLIC WORKS:
Director: Stephen Sopelak: 860-258-2762
Administrative Assistant: Lynne Witowski: 860-258-2766
PLANNING & ZONING
For Planning and Zoning questions call Kim Ricci at 860-258-2761
For Zoning Board of Appeals and Zoning Enforcement call Dave Palmberg at 860-258 7675
For Wetland questions call Bob Alvarado at 860-258-2734
For Engineering questions call Steve Sopelak at 860-258-7672
For Highway Department or transfer station questions call Joe Lentini at 860-258-7709
Further information and forms are posted on the Town’s web page www.rockyhillct.gov. Select Departments tab and select the department that best fits your needs.
Building Official: Mike Violette 860-258-7673
Assistant Building Official: Steve Kardys 860-258-7676
Administrative Assistant: Christina Soulagnet 860-860-258-2733
Online permit applications can be submitted through Town web page www.rockyhillct.gov
Select “Department” tab and scroll to Building Department, select “Online Building Permit” on left side of the page.
HUMAN & YOUTH SERVICES
Main Telephone # 860-258-2799
Director: Melissa Hicks - Direct Line – 860-258-2724 / 860-490-9118 (cell)
Nicole DiClemente - Direct Line – 860-258-2793
Director and Main Telephone: Gina Cristalli Marino - Direct Line – 860-258-2786
Transportation Main Line – 860-258-2701
If you need to email any contact, type first name initial, last name, and @rockyhillct.gov.
For example: John Smith would be; email@example.com.
Currently, with the State of Connecticut vaccination rollout, all citizens ages 12 and older are eligible to receive the vaccine for COVID-19. The Town of Rocky Hill encourages its citizens to register and receive the vaccine. Citizens can find registration information below.
Any Rocky Hill citizen age 45 and older, or their caregiver, that is unable to obtain an appointment or needs assistance signing up to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, can contact Rocky Hill Human Services at 860-258-2799.
- Citizens can also call the Connecticut’s Vaccine Appointment Assist line at 877-918-2224, 7 days a week from 8:00am to 8:00pm.
- Citizens can find information on Connecticut’s COVID-19 response here: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus
- Citizens 12 and older can find information here: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Vaccination-Scheduling-Options
- Citizens can register for vaccinations through the Vaccination Administration Management System and find a location here: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Vaccinations---VAMS-Support
- Citizens can register via phone at locations listed here: https://www.211ct.org/search?page=1&location=Connecticut&taxonomy_code=11172&service_area=connecticut&tp=8917
If you are a family in need, Foodshare Inc. distributes fresh foods to disadvantaged citizens. This is sponsored by volunteers from the Oasis Christian Church. Visit our Foodshare page for more information.
Economic Development / Business Support
- From the SBA - Here are top 5 things small businesses should know about the re-opening of the Paycheck Protection Program
- SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to Connecticut Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The State is offering relief to small businesses through a new DECD program called the Connecticut Recovery Bridge Loan Program, a $25 million short-term emergency loan program. Qualifying small businesses and nonprofits with 100 or fewer employees can apply for a loan of up to $75,000 or three months of operating expenses (whichever is less). Please click here for more information.
Frequently asked questions about the CARES Act
The Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) has created a $50 million grant program to help our small businesses in Connecticut recover from the ongoing challenges of COVID-19. Eligible businesses and nonprofits can receive a one-time $5,000 grant and all funds will be disbursed to approved applicants by December 30, 2020.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was signed into law on March 27, 2020, and provides loans and grants for small businesses. Please visit https://www.icsc.com/news-and-views/icsc-exchange/frequently-asked-questions-about-the-cares-act?utm_source=sctweek&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=SCT%20Week for frequently asked questions.
Transfer Station and Bulky Pick-up Operations
UPDATED INFORMATION - The Town of Rocky Hill Transfer Station located at 59 Old Forge Road will be returning to the normal schedule of Thursday and Friday from 7 am to 2 pm, and Saturday 7 am to 1 pm.
Please call (860) 258-2766 Monday thru Friday 9 am to 4 pm to schedule curbside pickup for household items, furniture and appliances. Mattresses must be bagged. There will be a three day delay for removal due to the virus. Demolition, construction debris, toilets and sinks must be brought to the transfer station for disposal. Any questions please call (860) 258-7709.
Police Department Records
The Rocky Hill Police Department, in an effort to limit exposure, has established an online records request service. All requests for police records can be submitted through the police department website. Individuals without internet access may request records by calling 860-258-2783.
Fingerprinting services are available to Town residents and those who work in the Town of Rocky Hill. Those who are in need of fingerprinting services may schedule an appointment by calling the Records Division at 860-258-2783. Any individual who has been provided a service code for their process must pre-enroll through the following website prior to scheduling an appointment. You will be required to provide your Applicant Tracking Number at the time you schedule your appointment.
We are presently conducting public meetings in person. A live stream of these meetings will be available at the scheduled meeting time. Meetings can be viewed on our Government Access channels on Cox and Frontier cable TV. You can also find these meetings streaming live on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/rockyhillconnecticut and on this website https://www.rockyhillct.gov/248/Channel-16---Government-Access-Channel-L.
- Eversource Reminds Customers of Payment Assistance and Protection Programs Available
- November 17, 2020 - Water Bill Help for Metropolitan District Customers with Overdue Bills and Balances.
- MDC’s Plans to Address COVID-19
- Eversource Assures Customers Safe and Reliable Service Will Continue During COVID-19 Pandemic