The Rocky Hill Police Department Administrative Services Division consists of a supervisor, two uniformed officers, seven full time, and one part-time emergency communication dispatchers.
The Administrative Services Division is responsible for the logistical operations of the Rocky Hill Police Department. Officers and dispatchers assigned to this division are responsible for the following:
- Maintaining and administering all of the Department's report writing, data, and audio/video recording systems.
- Recovery, review, and extraction of crime scene DATA evidence from property owners, establishments, suspects, and victims of crimes
- Data processing/conversion for court and Freedom of Information requests
- Research, design, build, and implementation of police vehicles and equipment, along with follow-up inspection/repair/service
- Liaisons for Capital Region Council of Governments for the following:
- Web EOC
- Emergency dispatch operations, PSAP administrator, and Collect TAC Officer / assurance and compliance
- Emergency communications coordination between the staff of many departments, including:
- Parks and recreation
- Radio equipment purchases and maintenance
- Training officers, responsible for certification and records for officers, dispatchers, and animal control
- Honor Guard deployments and scheduling
- Department professional standards and accreditation
- OSHA compliance
- Judicial liaison assisting with prisoner transports and court paperwork processing
- Speed and traffic trailer deployment and data collection for traffic complaints and studies
- Project management
- Headquarters/Department Equipment Manager
- Building vendor/facilities liaison
- Fingerprinting for firearm permits and applications
The Administrative Services Division is committed to keeping the Rocky Hill Police Department current with technology, policies, training, and emergency communications.